Click on the cover image above to read some pages of this book!
Statistics is one of the most practical and essential courses that you will take, and a primary goal of this popular text is to make the task of learning statistics as simple as possible.
Straightforward instruction, built-in learning aids, and real-world examples have made STATISTICS FOR THE BEHAVIORAL SCIENCES, 10th Edition the text selected most often by instructors for their students in the behavioral and social sciences.
The authors provide a conceptual context that makes it easier to learn formulas and procedures, explaining why procedures were developed and when they should be used. This text will also instill the basic principles of objectivity and logic that are essential for science and valuable in everyday life, making it a useful reference long after you complete the course.
1. Introduction to Statistics.
2. Frequency Distributions.
3. Central Tendency.
5. z-Scores: Location of Scores and Standardized Distributions.
7. Probability and Samples: The Distribution of Sample Means.
8. Introduction to Hypothesis Testing.
9. Introduction to the t Statistic.
10. The t Test for Two Independent Samples.
11. The t Test for Two Related Samples.
12. Introduction to Analysis of Variance.
13. Repeated-Measures Analysis of Variance (ANOVA).
14. Two-Factor Analysis of Variance (Independent Measures).
16. Introduction to Regression.
17. The Chi-Square Statistic: Tests for Goodness of Fit and Independence.
18. The Binomial Test.
ISBN: 9781305504912 ISBN-10: 1305504917 Series: Mindtap for Psychology Audience:
Tertiary; University or College
Number Of Pages: 768 Published: 5th November 2015 Country of Publication: US Dimensions (cm): 25.4 x 20.4
Weight (kg): 1.2
Edition Number: 10 Edition Type: Revised