Social Media for Creative Libraries explains how librarians and information professionals can use online tools to communicate more effectively, teach people different skills and to market and promote their service faster, cheaper and more effectively.
Based on his acclaimed work How to Use Web 2.0 in Your Library, Phil Bradley has restructured and comprehensively updated this new book to focus on the activities that information professionals carry out on a daily basis, before then analysing and explaining how online tools can assist them in those activities. Including:
- a discussion of authority checking and why information professionals are needed more than ever in a social media world
- a guide to creating great presentations online
- how online tools can make teaching and training sessions easier and more enjoyable for information professionals
- useful tips for implementing new strategies in libraries and a discussion of the practicalities of library marketing and promotion
- how to create a good social media policy and why
- a look at a few social media disasters and how they could have been avoided
: Packed with features and accompanied by introductory videos on the Facet Publishing YouTube channel, Social Media for Creative Libraries
is essential reading for all library and information professionals.
About the previous edition: This book does a good job of giving an introduction to a wide-ranging, rapidly changing subject. INTERNET RESOURCES NEWSLETTER This is the sort of book that will be read and referred to by librarians the world over who are keen to be stimulated by the possibilities of web 2.0 and put into practice the many good ideas to enliven and refresh their library services. ONLINE INFORMATION REVIEW This is an excellent straightforward reference text to the range of available Web 2.0 tools, ideal for both librarians in the field and LIS students. HEA-ICS
Several new chapters look at the following key areas: * social networking * presentations * social search engines * twitter * new trends and Web 3.0.
Series: Facet Publications (All Titles as Published)
Number Of Pages: 256
Published: 15th January 2015
Publisher: Facet Publishing
Country of Publication: GB
Dimensions (cm): 23.5 x 15.8
Weight (kg): 0.3
Edition Number: 2
Edition Type: Revised