Today's most complete and credible business law text, SMITH & ROBERSON'S BUSINESS LAW, 17E by Richard A. Mann and Barry S. Roberts continues a tradition of accuracy with coverage of the latest issues and emerging trends. The updated, detailed presentation of business law provides excellent preparation for the certified public accountant (CPA) exam with coverage of business law, legal duties and responsibilities of accountants, and the corporate governance portion of the business environment and concepts. Cases blend landmark and current decisions with edits to preserve the language of the court. More than 220 classroom-tested figures, diagrams, and summaries emphasize the fundamental concepts, principles, and rules of law that apply to business transactions. Readers gain insights into the function and operation of courts and administrative agencies as well as potential legal problems for businesses. This trusted, thorough text ensures a solid understanding of modern business law.
PART I: THE LEGAL ENVIRONMENT OF BUSINESS.
1. Introduction to Law.
2. Business Ethics and the Social Responsibility of Business.
3. Civil Dispute Resolution.
4. Constitutional Law.
5. Administrative Law.
6. Criminal Law.
7. Intentional Torts.
8. Negligence and Strict Liability.
PART II: CONTRACTS.
9. Introduction to Contracts.
10. Mutual Assent.
11. Conduct Invalidating Assent.
13. Illegal Bargains.
14. Contractual Capacity.
15. Contracts in Writing.
16. Third Parties to Contracts.
17. Performance, Breach, and Discharge.
18. Contract Remedies.
PART III: AGENCY.
19. Relationship of Principal and Agent.
20. Relationship with Third Parties.
PART IV: SALES.
21. Introduction to Sales and Leases.
23. Transfer of Title and Risk of Loss.
24. Products Liability: Warranties and Strict Liability in Tort.
25. Sales Remedies.
PART V: NEGOTIABLE INSTRUMENTS.
26. Form and Content.
27. Transfer and Holder in Due Course.
28. Liability of Parties.
29. Bank Deposits, Collections, and Funds Transfers.
PART VI: UNINCORPORATED BUSINESS ASSOCIATIONS.
30. Formation and Internal Relations of General Partnerships.
31. Operation and Dissolution of General Partnerships.
32. Limited Partnerships and Limited Liability Companies.
PART VII: CORPORATIONS.
33. Nature, Formation, and Powers.
34. Financial Structure.
35. Management Structure.
36. Fundamental Changes.
PART VIII: DEBTOR AND CREDITOR RELATIONS.
37. Secured Transactions and Suretyship.
PART IX: REGULATION OF BUSINESS.
39. Protection of Intellectual Property.
41. Consumer Protection.
42. Employment Law.
43. Securities Regulation.
44. Accountants' Legal Liability.
45. Environmental Law.
46. International Business Law.
PART X: PROPERTY.
47. Introduction to Property, Property Insurance, Bailments, and Documents of Title.
48. Interests in Real Property.
49. Transfer and Control of Real Property.
50. Trusts and Decedents' Estates.
Series: Mindtap Course List
Tertiary; University or College
Number Of Pages: 1344
Published: 15th December 2016
Publisher: Cengage Learning, Inc
Country of Publication: US
Dimensions (cm): 26.0 x 22.3
Weight (kg): 2.38
Edition Number: 17
Edition Type: Revised