#1 best-selling guide to Shanghai*
Lonely Planet Shanghai is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Get a feel for the latest trends in the French Concession, whizz down to Hangzhou on a high-speed train, or explore the city's traditional laneways in Jing'an; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Shanghai and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Shanghai Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, religion, architecture, cuisine, visual arts, literature, music, Chinese opera, cinema, fashion, martial arts, festivals
- Free, convenient pull-out Shanghai map (included in print version), plus over 30 colour maps
- Covers The Bund, People's Square, Old Town, French Concession, Jing'an, Pudong, Hongkou, Xujiahui, Hangzhou, Suzhou, Tongli, Zhujiajiao, Zhouzhuang, Sheshan and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Shanghai, our most comprehensive guide to Shanghai, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for just the highlights of Shanghai? Check out Pocket Shanghai, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet China guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
*Best-selling guide to Shanghai. Source: Nielsen BookScan. Australia, UK and USA