An innovative, student-friendly approach to Year 11 English.
This exciting full-colour workbook breaks new ground by focusing on core skills and concepts through detailed analysis of a diverse selection of rich and engaging texts.
The book provides an ideal springboard for discussion and class work, and the units offer flexibility as they can be used in a multitude of ways to support any Year 11 English program.
• fully addresses the requirements of VCE year 11 and the Senior Australian Curriculum content descriptions for English
• covers essential skills and language techniques related to analysing literary and non-literary texts
• explores a wide range of themes, ideas and issues through written, oral and multimodal texts
• closely examines persuasive language strategies and techniques in the context of lively, interesting issues
• provides accessible and clear explanations of key metalanguage with examples
• includes practical response exercises throughout, that focus on exactly how writers achieve particular effects
• features a range of extended activities for creating a variety of texts
• offers a skills-based approach that is ideal for both English and EAL students
• includes a revision unit on language basics
• provides free access to an interactive ebook.