From physical process to practical applications - Singh makes the complexities of modern semiconductor devices clear! The semiconductor devices that are driving today's information, technologies may seem remarkably complex, but they don't have to be impossible to understand. Filled with figures, flowcharts, and solved examples, Jasprit Singh's Semiconductor Devices provides an accessible, well-balanced introduction to semiconductor physics and its application to modern devices. Beginning with the physical process behind semiconductor devices, Singh clearly explains difficult topics, including bandstructure, effective masses, holes, doping, carrier transport, and lifetimes. Following these physical fundamentals, you'll explore the operation of important semiconductor devices, such as diodes, transistors, light emitters, and detectors, along with issues relating to the optimization of device performance. Features
- Over 150 solved examples, integrated throughout the text, clarify difficult concepts.
- End-of-chapter summary tables and hundreds of figures reinforce the intricacies of modern semiconductor devices.
- Discussion of device optimization issues explains why you have to trade one performance against another in devices.
- Shows the relationship of physical parameters to SPICE parameters and its impact on circuit issues.
- Technology Roadmaps outline what's currently happening in the field and present a look at where device technology is headed in the future.
- A Bit of History sections, included in each chapter, explore the history of the concepts developed and provide a snapshot of the personalities involved and the challenges of the time.
Electrons in Solids.
Electrons in Semiconductors.
Carrier Dynamics in Semiconductors.
Processing of Devices: A Review.
Junctions in Semiconductors: P-N Diodes.
Semiconductor Junctions with Metals and Insulators.
Bipolar Junction Transistors.
Field Effect Transistors: JFET/MESFET.
Field Effect Transistors: MOSFET.
MOSFET: Technology Driver.