A user-friendly operational manual for seashore paspalum, an exciting new grass perfect for use on golf courses, lawns, sports fields, and in sod production! Seashore Paspalum provides an exciting alternative grass of comparable texture and quality to hybrid bermudagrasses that can tolerate effluent, brackish, and seawater blends. Salt-sensitive species can lead to huge management costs, while salt-tolerant seashore paspalum can significantly reduce management efforts saving your time and money--without sacrificing turf quality!
PART I: SEASHORE PASPALUM BACKGROUND AND DESCRIPTION.
PART II: ENVIRONMENTAL STRESS RESISTANCE.
6. Breeding for Multiple Environmental Stresses.
7. Paspalum Abiotic/Edaphic Stress Resistance.
8. Paspalum Biotic Stress Resistance.
PART III: MANAGEMENT PRACTICES.
9. Management of Abiotic/Edaphic Stresses.
10. Management of Biotic Stresses.
11. Golf Course Case Studies.
12. Sports Fields.
13. Lawn and Landscape Use.
14. Sod and Sprig Production.
PART IV: BASIC PRINCIPLES WHEN USING ALTERNATIVE WATER
15. Influence of Irrigation Water Quality on Turfgrass
16. Seawater Irrigation: Turfgrass Management for the Ultimate
Water Quality Problem.
17. Fertilization of Excessively Acid (pH 5.0) Soils.
18. Environmentally Sensitive Sites: Turfgrass Fertilization
19. Bioremediation and Reclamation.
Number Of Pages: 304
Published: 1st July 2000
Publisher: John Wiley and Sons Ltd
Country of Publication: US
Dimensions (cm): 23.2 x 15.9
Weight (kg): 0.6
Edition Number: 1