Click on the cover image above to read some pages of this book!
Veteran teachers Joe Clement and Matt Miles have seen firsthand how damaging technology overuse and misuse has been to our kids. On a mission to educate and empower parents, they show how screen saturation at home and school has created a wide range of cognitive and social deficits in our young people.
They lift the veil on what’s really going on in schools: teachers who are often powerless to curb distractions from electronic devices; zoned-out kids who act helpless and are unfocused, unprepared, and unsocial; administrators who are influenced by questionable science sponsored by corporate technology purveyors. Clement and Miles suggest steps parents can take to demand change? and they make a compelling case for simpler, smarter, more effective forms of teaching and learning.
1. These Kids Today
2. The Myth of the Technology-Enhanced Superkid
3. Reclaiming Your Child's Ability to Think
4. Learning to Focus in the High-tech World of Distraction
5. Escaping the Digital World of Anxiety
6. Re-establishing Support from Home
7. Revitalizing Social Interaction
8. Technology Is Widening-Not Closing-the Achievement Gap
9. The Educational-Industrial Complex
10. The Ideal Education in a Modern World
ISBN: 9781863959995 ISBN-10: 1863959998 Audience:
Number Of Pages: 272 Published: 29th January 2018 Country of Publication: AU Dimensions (cm): 23.2 x 15.4
Weight (kg): 0.37