When the rain stops falling and the mist clears, there is no more beautiful place on earth than the Scottish Highlands. Footprint's Handbook will guide you from dramatic coastal landscapes and incredible mountain passes to picturesque villages and imposing castles.
- Great coverage of the top activities and sights in the region, including whisky distilleries, clan history, wildlife spotting, island hopping, and hillwalking.
- Loaded with information and suggestions on how to get off the beaten track, from Neolithic remains to pristine beaches.
- Includes comprehensive information on everything from transport and practicalities to history, culture & landscape.
- Plus all the usual accommodation, eating and drinking listings for every budget.
- Full-colour planning section to inspire travellers and help them find the best experiences.
From watching the sun rise behind the Old Man of Storr to discovering quaint fairy glens, Footprint's fully updated 7th edition will help you navigate this stunning destination.
1) Planning your trip
3) Central Highlands
4) North & Northwest
5) Skye & the Small Isles
6) Outer Hebrides
7) Orkney & Shetland
Series: Footprint Scotland Highlands and Islands Handbook
Number Of Pages: 512
Published: 9th October 2018
Publisher: Footprint Travel Guides
Country of Publication: GB
Dimensions (cm): 17.78 x 11.43
Weight (kg): 0.45
Edition Number: 7
Edition Type: Revised