An outstanding analysis of why and how protection, Obedience, and Tracking all play an integral part in Schutzhund training, with emphasis on selecting and raising a dog to suit the owner's needs.
About the Authors.
1. What Is Schutzhund?
2. Selecting the Schutzhund Dog.
3. An Overview of Schutzhund Training.
4. Tracking: Requirements of the Trial.
5. An Overview of the Tracking Phase.
6. Tracking: Roles of the Handler and Tracklayer.
7. Tracking: Schooling the Dog.
8. Obedience: Requirements of the Trial.
9. An Overview of the Obedience Phase.
10. Obedience: Basic Training.
11. Obedience: The Exercises out of Motion.
12. Obedience: Retrieves, Obstacles and Send Away.
13. Protection: Requirements of the Trial.
14. An Overview of the Protection Phase.
15. Protection: Drive Work.
16. Protection: The Hold and Bark and the Out.
17. Protection: Obedience for Bites and the Blind Search.
Glossary of Schutzhund Terminology.
Suggested Viewing and Reading.
Series: Howell reference books
Number Of Pages: 256
Published: 1st March 1991
Publisher: Turner Publishing Company
Country of Publication: US
Dimensions (cm): 24.3 x 16.2
Weight (kg): 0.59