From a renowned name in A Level history publishing, this is a Questions and Analysis title on a major period in Russian History. With all three exam boards offering modules on this popular subject at A Level, this book is an absolute must-have.
Looking at the many different aspects of the period 1855a "1991 that are covered in A Level history, Stephen J. Lee examines and compares:
- the ideologies of Tsarist autocracy and Soviet communism
- parties and opposition to these regimes
- the use of repression and terror
- the class structure
- the 1917 revolution
- the impact of the First and Second World Wars on Russia.
Key elements of this book include:
- each topic/issue forms a well-structured chapter: background; analysis; sources with questions; worked answers
- a prominent historiography section a " an important element of the new A2 history assessment
- an incorporated A2 synoptic approach that teaches students to draw together their entire range of knowledge and skills to study one topic
- guidance on how to answer the recently-introduced synoptic questions.
Involving the importance of understanding the connections between the essential characteristics of historical study, this key title is the one-stop shop for all history teachers and students.
Series: Questions and Analysis in History
Number Of Pages: 240
Published: 21st December 2005
Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
Country of Publication: GB
Dimensions (cm): 21.7 x 13.8
Weight (kg): 0.3
Edition Number: 1