An unbeatable, pocket-sized guide to Rome, packed with insider tips and ideas, color maps, top 10 lists, and a laminated pull-out map--all designed to help you see the very best of Rome.
Admire the ethereal beauty of the Pantheon, or step back in time to Ancient Rome at the Colosseum, explore the cafés and spin around Bernini's fountains on Piazza Navona, stroll through Piazza di Spagna, or climb the Spanish steps for sweeping views of the city. From Top 10 artistic masterpieces to Top 10 villas and palaces--discover the best of Rome with this easy-to-use travel guide.
Inside Top 10 Rome:
- Eleven easy-to-follow itineraries, perfect for a day trip, a weekend, or a week
- Top 10 lists showcase the best attractions in Rome, covering the Vatican City, Pantheon, Roman Forum, the Colosseum, and more
- Free laminated pull-out map of Rome, plus nine full-color area maps
- In-depth area guides explore Rome's most interesting neighborhoods, with the best places for shopping, going out, and sightseeing
- Color-coded chapters divided by area make it easy to find information quickly and plan your day
- Essential travel tips including our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop, and sightsee, plus useful transportation, visa, and health information
- Color maps help you navigate with ease
- Covers Around Piazza Navona, Around the Pantheon, Campo de' Fiori to the Capitoline, Ancient Rome, the Esquiline and Lateran, and more
Staying longer and looking for a more comprehensive guide to Rome? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Rome.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's Top 10 guides take the work out of planning a short trip, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your weekend trip or cultural vacation. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.
"This [DK Eyewitness Travel: Top 10] might be the best traveling companion to throw in your pack. It's a slim and sleek overview... loaded with practical and useful content." - Gadling.com
"Known... for its four-color maps, photos and illustrations, the [DK] Eyewitness Guides are extremely user-friendly for travelers who want their information delivered in a concise, visual way." - Chicago Tribune
"The best option... Color photos, maps, and diagrams bring the place to life." - The Philadelphia Inquirer