Photographs cannot prepare you for Rio. Against a magical backdrop of Christ the Redeemer and Sugar Loaf Mountain, glittering emerald waters and powder-sand beaches, the leisurely Carioca life unwinds. Within easy reach of the city are the idyllic shores of pretty Paraty and lush, verdant Ilha Grande; inland, the glorious colonial cities of Minas Gerais dazzle with gold leaf and baroque buildings.
* Highlights maps and inspirational colour section, so you know what not to miss.
* Essentials section with indispensable information on getting there and around.
* Comprehensive, up-to-date listings of where to eat, drink and have fun.
* Detailed street maps for Rio de Janeiro, Paraty, Ouro Preto, Belo Horizonte and other key towns.
* Slim enough to fit in your pocket. Ideal for travellers looking to explore beyond Rio de Janeiro as well as getting the best of this iconic city, this Footprint Handbook will help you make the most of your trip without weighing you down.
About the Author
Alex Robinson is an award-winning writer and photographer based in London. He was runner up in the Friends of the Earth International Photography Award in 2007, won a Brazilian Press Award for the anniversary edition of Latin America's travel magazine Viagem e Turismo and a US National Magazine award as part of the Fall 2006 edition of Departures Magazine. He has worked with numerous magazines, publishers and broadcasters, including Departures, Budget Travel, National Geographic, the Financial Times, Wanderlust, the Discovery Channel, Al Jazeera and the BBC. Early 2011 saw him visit his 61st country, Cape Verde.
Series: Footprint Handbooks
Number Of Pages: 176
Published: 29th February 2016
Publisher: Footprint Travel Guides
Country of Publication: GB
Dimensions (cm): 18.42 x 11.43
Weight (kg): 0.2
Edition Number: 3
Edition Type: Revised