In the newest edition of this comprehensive guide, Rick Steves reveals the glamorous cities, old school fishing villages, and romantic countryside of Portugal, a trendy and increasingly popular destination
Tour Lisbon's cobbled lanes, cruise the Douro River, and soak up the sun on Algarve beaches: with Rick Steves on your side, Portugal can be yours!
Inside Rick Steves Portugal you'll find:
- Comprehensive coverage for spending a week or more exploring Portugal
- Rick's strategic advice on how to get the most out of your time and money, with rankings of his must-see favorites
- Top sights and hidden gems, from the bone chapel of Evora and the palaces of Sintra to seaside street food and lush vineyards
- How to connect with culture: Chat with locals in charming towns, enjoy a dinner of fresh seafood stew, or spend an evening at a bluesy fado bar
- Beat the crowds, skip the lines, and avoid tourist traps with Rick's candid, humorous insight
- The best places to eat, sleep, and relax with a glass of local port
- Self-guided walking tours of lively neighborhoods and incredible museums Detailed maps for exploring on the go
- Useful resources including a packing list, a Portuguese phrase book, a historical overview, and recommended reading
- Over 400 bible-thin pages include everything worth seeing without weighing you down
- Complete, up-to-date information on Lisbon, Sintra, Salema, Cape Sagres, Lagos, Tavira, Evora, Nazare, Batalha, Fatima, Alcoba a, Obidos, Coimbra, Porto, Peso de Regua, Pinhao, and more
Make the most of every day and every dollar with Rick Steves Portugal
About the Author
Since 1973, Rick Steves has spent about four months a year exploring Europe. His mission: to empower Americans to have European trips that are fun, affordable, and culturally broadening. Rick produces a best-selling guidebook series, a public television series, and a public radio show, and organizes small-group tours that take over 30,000 travelers to Europe annually. He does all of this with the help of more than 100 well-traveled staff members at Rick Steves' Europe in Edmonds, WA (near Seattle).
When not on the road, Rick is active in his church and with advocacy groups focused on economic and social justice, drug policy reform, and ending hunger. To recharge, Rick plays piano, relaxes at his family cabin in the Cascade Mountains, and spends time with his son Andy and daughter Jackie.
Find out more about Rick at www.ricksteves.com and on Facebook.
Series: Rick Steves' Portugal
Number Of Pages: 460
Published: 28th May 2019
Publisher: Avalon Travel Publishing
Country of Publication: US
Dimensions (cm): 20.2 x 11.4
Weight (kg): 0.4
Edition Number: 1