Click on the cover image above to read some pages of this book!
Even very young children can participate in service learning projects to help make the world a better place. This book begins with the concept of gratitude, because feeling grateful is a powerful motivator. Words and pictures show children contributing to their community in simple yet meaningful ways. Includes discussion questions, generosity games, and ideas for service projects.
Simple Ideas for Giving Service:
- Visit and read with children at a hospital
- Get pledges for reading or doing math to benefit a charity
- Collect canned goods for a food bank
- Send a box of books or snacks to soldiers
- Make a quilt or blanket for a hospital or shelter
- Visit and play games with people in a senior center or nursing home
- Collect and donate money for disaster victims
- Collect used eyeglasses for an eye bank
- Make hygiene kits for a shelter
- Take part in a toy or clothing drive
- Raise money or collect packaged food for an animal shelter
- Plant spring bulbs at a park
- Make posters for a recycling drive
- Pick up litter along a public street or on a playground
Winner, Carol D. Reiser Book Award--Awarded to the book that most effectively inspires community service and volunteerism in children. Winner, Carol D. Reiser Book Award Awarded to the book that most effectively inspires community service and volunteerism in children." Winner, Carol D. Reiser Book Award--Awarded to the book that most effectively inspires community service and volunteerism in children.
ISBN: 9781575422046 ISBN-10: 1575422042 Series: Learning to Get Along Audience:
For Ages: 4 - 6 years old Format:
Number Of Pages: 40 Published: 30th April 2006 Publisher: Free Spirit Publishing Inc.,U.S. Country of Publication: US Dimensions (cm): 22.86 x 22.86
Weight (kg): 0.08