Quest for Good Health and Fitness Level 6 is part of a new series of Health and Physical Education textbooks. It provides a comprehensive set of resources written specifically for the Level 6 Physical, Personal and Social Learning strand of VELS, with links to the Interdisciplinary strand.
Key features of this title:
- Extensive use of the e5 instructional model assists in lesson planning and efficient use of time.
- Key terms are defined in context in the margins.
- Content is divided into lesson-based sections.
- Lessons are activity-focused to ensure there is ?learning by doing'.
- Essential questions and checklists appear at the start and end of the chapters to promote discussion and reflection on learning.
- ProjectsPLUS, interactivities, eLessons and current weblinks assist informed decision-making on real-life issues.
This text comes fully supported by Jacaranda's amazing online digital resources for students eBookPLUS.
Quest for Good Health and Fitness Level 6 eBookPLUS is provided FREE with the textbook, but is also available for purchase separately. eBookPLUS is an electronic version of the textbook and a complementary set of targeted digital resources. These flexible and engaging ICT activities are available online at the JacarandaPLUS website (www.jacplus.com.au).
The eBookPLUS includes:
- ProjectsPLUS - unique ICT-based projects that use an innovative research management system featuring media, templates and video introductions
- video eLessons to bring Health and PE activities to life
- interactivities to enhance student understanding through hands-on experience
- online worksheets designed in Microsoft Word for easy customisation and editing
- weblinks to online resources
About the authors.
Chapter 1. Proficiency of movement.
Chapter 2. Sport participation, teamwork and fair play.
Chapter 3. Strategic thinking: game sense, tactics and strategies.
Chapter 4. Body systems and energy production for physical activity.
Chapter 5. Physical activity, fitness and health.
Chapter 6. Safety, first aid and sports injury management.
Chapter 7. Challenge risk and safety.
Chapter 8. Health of a nation and health promotion.
Chapter 9. Issues for youth: identity, independence and relationships.
Chapter 10. Sexuality and sexual relationships.
Chapter 11. Nutrition and health.