We've all heard of adolescent angst and the midlife crisis but no one really talks about the challenges of the period in between. The media trumpets the success of twenty-somethings, not the failures. Bombarded by images of youthful celebrities with the world at their feet (think Spice Girls, Robbie Williams, Kate Winslet ... the list is endless)and intimidated by the glorification of 'overnight' internet millionaires (think Martha Lane Fox and lastminute.com), increasingly twenty-somethings feel that they have to do something big by the time they're 25 and be at their happiest while they're doing it!
- Are you torn between having a career and having a life?
- Wondering whether this is all there is?
- Do all your friends seem more successful and together than you?
- Feeling paralysed by the pressure of getting it right now or messing up the rest of your life?
- Are you suffocated by choice, responsibility and self-doubt?
- Stressed out by debt, finding somewhere to live, relationships?
- Feeling that after an education marathon, you're now back to square one at the bottom of the food chain?
- The world of work is arduous and unrewarding?
- And, ohmigod, this is meant to be the best bit ...
DON'T PANIC, YOU'RE NOT ALONE!
Inspired by their own experiences on graduation, twenty-somethings Alexandra Robbins and Abby Wilner are the first to identify and document a new phenomenon, the quarterlife crisis. Their book and website contain facts, information and startlingly honest personal stories from over a hundred twenty-somethings. Quarterlife Crisis clarifies an often dizzying period, and compellingly tackles the most difficult questions facing twenty-somethings today.
Series: How to Get Your Head Round Life in Your Twenties
Number Of Pages: 220
Published: 1st August 2001
Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing
Country of Publication: GB
Dimensions (cm): 19.9 x 13.0
Weight (kg): 0.22
Edition Number: 1