The book provides an up-to-date analysis of the restructuring of public service employment relations in six European countries: Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Denmark and the UK. Each of the chapters on national systems is organized around a set of themes and policy issues including:
* the impact of fiscal crises, and increasing macro-economic integration within the European Union, on the scope and organization of public services
* changes in the patterns and status of public service employment
* the shift from centralized administration to new models of devolved management
* changes in the organization and policies of public service trade unions
* reforms in the structure, process and outcome of collective bargaining
* patterns of conflict and cooperation between unions, managers and the state.
Written and edited by some of the country's primary authorities on public sector industrial relations, this outstanding book on this high profile field is sure to be a valuable resource for those studying this important topic.
Series: Routledge Studies in Employment Relations
Tertiary; University or College
Number Of Pages: 256
Published: 26th August 1999
Country of Publication: GB
Dimensions (cm): 22.86 x 16.51
Weight (kg): 0.34
Edition Number: 1