Understand medical transcription and prepare for workplace success with this hands-on, introductory resource! A unique, modular approach reinforces concepts as you learn, while scenario drills and realistic simulations give you the practice you need to develop marketable transcription skills. Fully redesigned for more efficient learning and presented in a "building-block" format that guides you through each stage of the transcription process, it's the perfect tool to take you from the classroom to a new career in medical transcription.
- A student-driven, modular approach pairs information with exercises to reinforce concepts as you learn.
- Competency-based objectives provide an accurate measurement of your progress.
- A unique Error Analysis Chart helps you track common mistakes and improve your transcription skills.
- A Production for Pay Summary gives you a practical, real-world understanding of payment based on your accuracy and efficiency.
- Simulation exercises prepare you for realistic scenarios you'll encounter in the workplace.
- Answer keys enable you to assess your strengths and weaknesses and refine your skills.
- Narrative and corresponding transcripts in compliance with the AHDI Book of Style familiarize you with the format used by most major transcription employers and give you a professional edge.
- A new design provides faster, easier access to essential content.
- Reorganized illustrations enhance your understanding of the correlation between the positioning of patients for diagnostic examinations and the resulting anatomical images.
- New section titles within chapters clarify content organization and help you learn more efficiently.
- An interactive dictation program replacing the Essentials of Medical Transcription CD enables you to practice your skills and receive immediate feedback on the companion Evolve website.
UNIT 1: Fundamentals of Medical Transcription 1 What Is Medical Transcription? 2 Understanding Medical Documents 3 Proofreading 4 Transcription Process UNIT 2: Skill Building and Simulation in Medical Transcription 5 Office Medical Transcription from the Family Practice 6 Office Medical Transcription from the Orthopedic Practice 7 Office Medical Transcription from the Urology Practice 8 Office Medical Transcription from the Pulmonary Medicine Practice 9 Office Medical Transcription from the Gastroenterology Practice 10 Office Medical Transcription from the Cardiology Practice 11 Office Medical Transcription from the Diagnostic Imaging Practice Appendices A Analysis Chart B Production for Pay Summary C Medical Reports Format D FedDes Style Manual E Keys Glossary
Tertiary; University or College
Number Of Pages: 432
Published: 5th December 2007
Country of Publication: US
Dimensions (cm): 27.6 x 21.6
Weight (kg): 0.91
Edition Number: 2
Edition Type: Revised