This is the first book to promote project management competence on all three levels necessary for overall effectiveness. J. Davidson Frame uses the guidelines he helped develop for the renowned Project Management Institute to define the most important competencies for individuals, teams, and organizations. He then provides development strategies and diagnostic tools to build and evaluate these competencies throughout the company. Frame paints a portrait of what the competent project manager looks like, how the competent project team operates, and how their efforts are supported by the project-competent organization.
"In today's world of complex projects, having good project management credentials on paper just isn't enough. Dr. Frame provides us with the tools we need for measuring project management competency and for defining what competencies our project managers must possess."(James L. Gallagher, president, Westinghouse Government and Environmental Services Company)
"It is no longer enough to assemble 'smart people' to get the job done. Effective organizations need project management competencies. Frame's book provides the path for developing those competencies, enabling the organization to reach a higher level of competitiveness."(Thomas A. Tarnow, vice president, Morgan Stanley & Company)
PROJECT MANAGEMENT COMPETENCE FOR THE SUCCESSFULL ORGANIZATION.
1. Developing Project-Competent Organizations.
2. Why Competence Pays.
3. Uncovering Organizational Pathologies.
THE COMPETENT PROJECT PROFESSIONAL.
4. The Project Professional's Knowledge Base.
5. Developing the Project Management Knowledge Base.
6. Developing People Management Skills: The Soft Side of Project Management.
7. Developing Business-Related Competence.
8. Assessing Individual Competence.
THE COMPETENT PROJECT TEAM.
9. Project Team Competence.
10. Assessing Team Competence.
THE PROJECT-COMPETENT ORGANIZATION.
11. Organizational Project Competence.
12. Assessing Team Competence.
13. Conclusion: Arriving at Competence.
Series: Jossey-Bass Business & Management
Number Of Pages: 232
Published: 30th July 1999
Publisher: JOSSEY BASS
Country of Publication: US
Dimensions (cm): 24.25 x 16.15
Weight (kg): 0.46
Edition Number: 1