Increase your odds of learning probability!
Probability Demystified, Second Edition presents the concepts of probability in a simple, straightforward, easy-to-understand way. You can use the book as a self-study guide or as a supplementary textbook for a course in probability or statistics.
Packed with real-world coin, card, and dice examples, this practical guide takes you through the world of probability. Chapter-ending quizzes and a final exam round out this alternative to heavy, confusing, and expensive texts. In addition to presenting the concepts of probability, each chapter ends with a section called “Probability Sidelight,” which includes a brief history of probability with commentary on how probability theory is used in everyday life.
Probability Demystified, Second Edition
- Contains chapters on simulation, game theory, and actuarial science
- Uses coin, card, and dice examples to illustrate more complex probability concepts
- Progresses from the basics to game theory to actuarial science
- Contains no theorems or proofs that might scare away the “math-phobic”
- Provides chapter-opening objectives that describe what you’ll learn in each step
- Includes questions at the end of every chapter to reinforce learning and pinpoint weaknesses
- Offers “Still Struggling?” elements throughout to help you with difficult subtopics
- Concludes with a final exam for overall self-assessment
Tertiary; University or College
Number Of Pages: 272
Published: 17th January 2012
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Education - Europe
Country of Publication: US
Dimensions (cm): 23.3 x 19.0
Weight (kg): 0.52
Edition Number: 2
Edition Type: Revised