* With Oracle 10g, for the first time, much of the Spatial functionality is provided for free (rather than as a priced option) in the database, thus massively increasing the potential audience.
* Shows how any Oracle application that has a spatial element (e.g. postcode) can take advantage of Spatial functionality.
* Contains case studies of more advanced applications of Spatial in healthcare, telecom ,retail, and distribution .
* Oracle Spatial is recognized to be the standard platform for enterprise land management, mapping, telecom, transportation, and utility applications. Every major GIS tool vendor supports Oracle Spatial and all major map data providers deliver their data in Oracle Spatial format.
* The book will be based on extensive feedback from training courses, discussion lists, and customers. It will recommend best practice approaches to the most common problems with which developers struggle.
* The authors are all experienced and well-respected experts. The Oracle personnel contributing have a decade of experience with Spatial and in helping partners and customers fully leverage its capabilities. The technical reviewers include lead developers of the product.
* Rather than simplified code snippets, the book provides real solutions that people can then build upon themselves.
|Spatial information management||p. 3|
|Overview of Oracle Spatial||p. 21|
|Location-enabling your applications||p. 41|
|The SDOöGEOMETRY data type||p. 61|
|Loading, transporting, and validating spatial data||p. 103|
|Manipulating SDOöGEOMETRY in application programs||p. 177|
|Spatial indexes and operators||p. 227|
|Geometry processing functions||p. 285|
|Network modeling||p. 321|
|Generating maps using MapViewer||p. 383|
|A sample application||p. 479|
|Case studies||p. 535|
|Tips, common mistakes, and common errors||p. 575|
|Additional spatial analysis functions||p. 599|
|Linear referencing||p. 611|
|Topology data model in Oracle||p. 623|
|Storing raster data in Oracle||p. 635|
|Table of Contents provided by Blackwell. All Rights Reserved.|
Number Of Pages: 712
Published: 24th November 2004
Country of Publication: US
Dimensions (cm): 22.9 x 19.1 x 4.45
Weight (kg): 1.52