Present the latest practices, trends, and developments from the field as PRINCIPLES OF SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT: A BALANCED APPROACH, 5E guides students step-by-step through the management of all supply chain activities. Comprehensive content addresses real concerns related to domestic and global supply chains while one-of-a-kind coverage encompasses processes in operations, purchasing, logistics and then process integration. The book follows the natural flow through the supply chain to create one of the most balanced approaches available. Well-organized chapters demonstrate practical applications of supply chain management in today's workplace with SCM Profiles and new end-of-chapter cases. and MindTap digital resources and assignments are available in addition to an Instructor Companion Website with Instructor's Manual, PowerPoint slides, and test bank.
Part I: SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT: AN OVERVIEW.
1. Introduction to Supply Chain Management.
Part II: SUPPLY ISSUES IN SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT.
2. Purchasing Management.
3. Creating and Managing Supplier Relationships.
4. Ethical and Sustainable Sourcing.
Part III: OPERATIONS ISSUES IN SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT.
5. Demand Forecasting.
6. Resource Planning Systems.
7. Inventory Management.
8. Process Management--Lean and Six Sigma in the Supply Chain.
Part IV: DISTRIBUTION ISSUES IN SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT.
9. Domestic U.S. and Global Logistics.
10. Customer Relationship Management.
11. Global Location Decisions.
12. Service Response Logistics.
Part V: INTEGRATION ISSUES IN SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT.
13. Supply Chain Process Integration.
14. Performance Measurement Along the Supply Chain.
Series: Mindtap Course List
Tertiary; University or College
Number Of Pages: 576
Published: 16th October 2017
Country of Publication: US
Dimensions (cm): 26.2 x 21.1
Weight (kg): 1.32
Edition Number: 5
Edition Type: Revised