A key tool in the fight against cervical cancer, colposcopy has become a standard gynecologic technique and a must-know area for the primary-care practitioner who handles gynecologic patients in his or her practice. This atlas includes complete instruction in performing colposcopic procedures, but its great strengths are the more than 400 exquisite, enlarged color photographs of diagnostic quality, allowing the examining practitioner to make confident assessments regarding the appearance of the cervix as seen in colposcopy. It begins with coverage of equipment, training, and examination techniques. Next is information on normal and abnormal colposcopic findings and guidelines for differential diagnosis and treatment.
Comprehensive and wide-ranging, Primary Care Colposcopy shows you how to:
- Make routine exams more effective and accurate through the use of colposcopic screening
- Conduct an examination with colposcopy and document your results
- Reach the right differential diagnosis and determine the best method of treatment
- Use colposcopy to detect abnormalities not revealed through standard screening techniques
Fully illustrated and based on decades of experience, Primary Care Colposcopy is an essential resource for anyone performing cervical examinations.
1. Introduction 2. The Colposcope 3. Colposcopic Training 4. Colposcopic Instruments 5. Special Colposcopic Techniques 6. The Colposcopic Examination 7. Colposcopic Terminology 8. Colposcopic Morphology 9. Colposcopy in Pregnancy 10. Assessment of Colposcopic Findings 11. Colposcopic-Histologic Correlation 12. Documenting Colposcopic Findings 13. Uses of Colposcopy 14. Colposcopy of the Vulva 15. Subject Index