The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring Portugal.
Take a leisurely walking tour of Lisbon, island-hop around the Azores, become a connoisseur of the country's port or relax on Madeira's golden beaches: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of Portugal with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Portugal:
- Over 35 colour maps help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Portugal, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplans show the inside of Sintra's Pena Palace, the UNESCO World Heritage site of Alcobaça and Lisbon's Mosteiro dos Jerónimos
- Colour photographs of vibrant cities, beautiful beaches and islands, churches and castles, pretty town centres and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Lisbon - Alfama, Baixa and Avenida, Bairro Alto and Estrela, Belém and further afield - the Lisbon Coast, Estremadura and Ribatejo, the Beiras, Douro and Trás-os-Montes, Minho, Alentejo, the Algarve, Madeira and the Azores
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about Portugal's history, way of life, architecture, ceramic Azulejos tiles, traditional food and drink, festivals and events, and more
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus useful phrases, and transport, visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Portugal is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to Portugal.
About the Author
Experience the world with DK Travel. DK Travel's highly visual guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips and tours to inform and enrich your trip. Our travel writers report on what to see, eat, drink and do around the world, while the very best photographs and illustrations bring cities, regions and countries to life. We publish guides to more than 200 destinations around the world, from handy pocket-sized city guides to comprehensive country guides. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.
"Known... for its four-color maps, photos and illustrations, the [DK] Eyewitness Guides are extremely user-friendly for travelers who want their information delivered in a concise, visual way." -- Chicago Tribune
"The best option... Color photos, maps, and diagrams bring the place to life." -- The Philadelphia Inquirer