Many health care leaders believe that defining and measuring physician work efforts and linking those efforts to practical and measurable clinical outcomes-physician profiling-will not only improve patient satisfaction and increase the quality of care, it will revolutionize the health care industry. Physician Profiling brings together twenty-one of the nation's most prominent physician researchers and executive medical group administrators, giving health care leaders and physician practice administrators the tools they need to evaluate and implement a physician profiling system, unlocking this powerful technique for use in their own organizations.<br> <br> <br> <br> "Reducing clinical variation among physicians is the name of the game in improving health care. This book provides an overview that you shouldn't miss of the state-of-the-art in this rapidly developing field."--Dean C. Coddington, principal, McManis Associates and author, Making Integrated Health Care Work
"Reducing clinical variation among physicians is the name of the game in improving health care. This book provides an overview of the state-of-the-art in this rapidly developing field that you shouldn't miss." (Dean C. Coddington, principal, McManis Associates and author, Making Integrated Health Care Work)
"Covering clinical, administrative, and technical considerations, this publication offers exceptional insight for effective physician profiling." (Howard Smith, dean, University of New Mexico, Anderson Schools of Management)
1. Laying the Foundation for a Profiling System (Norman S. Smith).
2. What Data Are Needed for Physician Profiles? (Manon Spitzer Ruben, et al.).
3. Harvesting Data for Physician Profiling: The Administrative and Clinical How To's (Norbert Goldfield).
4. Seeing the Forest Through the Trees: Developing Evidence-Based Profiling Reports (Suzanne Austin Boren, et al.).
5. Case Mix Adjusters: Theory and Praxis (Manon Spitzer Ruben, et al.).
Series: Jossey-Bass Health
Number Of Pages: 166
Published: 29th June 1999
Publisher: JOSSEY BASS
Country of Publication: US
Dimensions (cm): 24.44 x 16.97
Weight (kg): 0.35
Edition Number: 1