Philosophy for AS and A2 is the definitive textbook for students of Advanced Subsidiary or Advanced Level philosophy courses, structured directly around the specification of the AQA. Following a lively foreword by Nigel Warburton, author of Philosophy: The Basics, a team of experienced teachers devote a chapter each to the six themes covered by the syllabus:
Each of the chapters include helpful student-friendly features.
- a list of key concepts, to introduce students to the topic
- bite-size sections corresponding to the syllabus topics
- actual exam questions from previous years
- suggested discussion questions to promote debate
- text-boxes with helpful summaries, case-studies and examples
- an annotated further-reading list directing students towards the best articles, books and websites
- a comprehensive glossary, providing a handy reference point
There is a final chapter on essay writing and exam preparation, designed to help students get to grips with the examination board requirements.
Philosophy for AS and A2 is written by a team of expert teachers based at Heythrop College - part of the University of London - which specializes in teaching philosophy and theology.