The relationship between Russian and the European Union is extremely important to both parties in political, economic, business and security terms. This book explores how the internal dynamics of transition have influenced this delicate relationship.
Taking a holistic approach, the authors present a balanced analysis exploring both EU and Russian perspectives. This book includes chapters on a wide range of issues such as European security, the situation in Chechnya, Russian domestic economic policy, the business environment, energy ad the emerging partnership between Russian and Germany. It also addresses questions such as:
- Will bilateral relations be achieved with a Western or Russian Model?
- Who is the main driver of Russia-EU relations?
- Is Russia converging with the EU in terms of business, culture, legal environment and systems?
- Does the Russia-EU link provide a new model for EU external relations?
- What are the implications for the Russia-EU relationship following the shift from Yeltsin to Putin?
This book will interest students and researchers of Russia and the European Union within political science, economics and business studies.
|Perspectives on EU-Russia Relations|
|EU-Russian Relations in Context|
|Table of Contents provided by Publisher. All Rights Reserved.|
Series: Europe and the Nation State
Number Of Pages: 224
Published: 1st February 2005
Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
Country of Publication: GB
Dimensions (cm): 23.5 x 15.9 x 1.4
Weight (kg): 0.5
Edition Number: 1