A collection of short stories set in places as diverse as a nudist colony, the corporate world and prison. Beneath her wry humour and snappy style, Chevalier brings insight and compassion to her depiction of contemporary Australian life and to growing up in America.
* Cover endorsement from acclaimed author, Fiona McGregor. Reviewed in The Australian.
* Permission To Lie will appeal to fans of writers like Australia's Elizabeth Jolley and America's Lorrie Moore.
* 'This Awful Brew' from this collection appears in Best Australian Stories 2011.
* Cover and six quirky full-page illustrations by brilliant young artist, Paden Hunter.
* First publication of Spineless Wonders, specialising in short Australian stories.