Pediatric Clinical Skills, 4th Edition, by renowned author Richard B. Goldbloom, is your ideal guide to mastering necessary, often complex and challenging pediatric clinical skills. Written in a clear, informal tone, this book explains the nuances of the child/family interview and history, pediatric physical exam, crucial interpersonal skills, and important issues such as cultural sensitivity, chronic conditions, and athletic participation. An indispensible learning tool for in-training physicians, this book is also a valuable resource for pediatric and family practice physicians, nurses, physician assistants, and all healthcare personnel who work with children.
- Discover the best approach and demeanor for interviewing patients and their families.
- Elicit cooperation and gain the maximum value from physical exams of patients of all ages, including preterm and low-birth-weight infants.
- Enhance cultural sensitivity and capably navigate issues associated with chronic conditions, athletic participation, and more.
- Perfect the latest approaches for approaching the adolescent, clinical evaluation for possible child abuse, palliative care, examining the head and neck, evaluating gastrointestinal symptoms, surgical assessment of the abdomen, and other rapidly evolving areas.
- Navigate growing areas of concern including obesity, autism, TV-watching, and video games.
- Access the complete contents online at studentconsult.com, with Integration Links to related content in other Student Consult resources.videos demonstrating different aspects of the neurological exam, including assessing cerebral palsy and muscular dystrophy.additional content and images to complement Ch. 21, Clinical Evaluation for Possible Child Abuse.and full-color inserts that complement Ch. 8, Examining the Visual System, and Ch. 19, Assessing the Skin.
- Study efficiently with the aid of Case Histories, Key Points, and Recommended Readings.
Gain the clinical skills needed for successful pediatric practice
Tertiary; University or College
Number Of Pages: 360
Published: 17th September 2010
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Country of Publication: GB
Dimensions (cm): 27.9 x 21.8
Weight (kg): 0.99
Edition Number: 4
Edition Type: Revised