Oxford Big Ideas Humanities Victorian Curriculum provides complete coverage for the Humanities – Geography, History, Economics & Business and Civics & Citizenship – in one easy-to-use package. Take a semester-based approach or deliver separate year-long courses.
- Four books in one – ideal for semester-based courses
- Fully revised and updated to meet the requirements of the Victorian Curriculum: Humanities across Years 7–10
- Complete coverage of all Civics & Citizenship, Economics & Business, Geography, and History content in a single learning package (print and digital)
- Stand-alone skills toolkits cover key concepts and skills from the Victorian Curriculum
- All topics are supported by additional worksheets, answers, teacher notes, tests, interactives and videos
- Clear instructional language supports student understanding and a wealth of stunning images, illustrations and source materials engage even the most reluctant learners
- A range of self-marking quizzes mapped to VCAA content descriptors – offered FREE through obook assess
The obook is a cloud-based web-book available anywhere, anytime, on any device, navigated by topic or by ‘page view’. assess is an indispensable online assessment tool, explicitly mapped to the Victorian Curriculum that drives student progress through tailored instruction. As well as containing the student text and study tools, this obook offers interactive timelines, interactives such as ‘drag & drop’ and ‘hot zones’, videos, virtual site studies.
Teacher obook assess gives teachers digital access to the resources they need in order to deliver results in the classroom. These include:
- teacher notes (including lesson ideas, planning and programming tips, and assessment advice)
- answers to all activities, worksheets and tests
- additional student worksheets (printable)
- complete digital access to student book content (both online and offline) including note-taking, highlighting and bookmarking functionality
- ability to electronically assign worksheets, tests, videos and interactives to students, as well as monitor progress and results
- clear links to VCAA content descriptors
- access to a testbank (containing hundreds of additional randomised multiple choice, short answer and extended response questions) that
- allows you to create bespoke class tests simply and easily
- student progress and class results dashboard.
Teacher obook assess now also offers Dashboard view – an online lesson control centre, allowing teachers to instantly preview, access and assign resources like videos, interactives, worksheets and tests to students.
PART 1: GEOGRAPHY Chapter 1 The geography toolkit Unit 1 Biomes and food security Chapter 2 Growing food Chapter 3 Food security Unit 2 Geographies of Interconnection Chapter 4 An interconnected world Chapter 5 The effects of global connections PART 2: HISTORYConcepts and skills Chapter 6 The history toolkit Unit 1 The Industrial Revolution Chapter 7 Introduction to the Industrial Revolution Chapter 8 The Industrial Revolution Unit 2 Australian and Asia Chapter 9 Introduction to Australia and Asia Chapter 10 Australia (1750-1918) Chapter 11 China (1750–1918) [obook only chapter]Chapter 12 Japan (1750–1918) [obook only chapter]Chapter 13 India (1750–1918) [obook only chapter]Unit 3 Australia at war (1914-1945) Chapter 14 Introduction to Australia at war (1914-1918) Chapter 15 World War 1 (1914-1918) PART 3: ECONOMICS AND BUSINESSConcepts and skills Chapter 16 The economics and business toolkit Unit 1 Resource allocation and making choices Chapter 17 Understanding the economy Unit 2 Consumer and financial literacy Chapter 18 Managing financial risks and rewards Unit 3 Work and work futures Chapter 19 The changing work environment PART 4: CIVICS AND CITIZENSHIPConcepts and skills Chapter 20 The civics and citizenship toolkit Unit 1 Government and democracy Chapter 21 Government, democracy and the citizen Unit 2 Laws and citizens Chapter 22 Australia's legal system Glossary Index Acknowledgements