Oxford Big Ideas History Victorian Curriculum is fully revised and updated for the Victorian Curriculum: History. It provides opportunities to discover, explore and connect with the past through engaging, inquiry-based units.
- Fully revised and updated to meet the requirements of the Victorian Curriculum: History 7–10
- New topics added – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and Cultures (Year 7) and Political Crisis (Year 10)
- All topics and options offered in print and supported by additional worksheets, answers, teacher notes, tests, interactives and videos
- Learning centred around meaningful inquiry-based units of work
- Explicit focus on the acquisition of historical skills and key concepts at each year level supported by ‘The history toolkit’
- Clear instructional language supports student understanding and stunning images, illustrations and source materials engage even the most reluctant learners
- A range of self-marking quizzes mapped to VCAA content descriptors – offered FREE via obook assess – drive student progress and engagement.
The obook is a cloud-based web-book available anywhere, anytime, on any device, navigated by topic or by ‘page view’. assess is an indispensable online assessment tool, explicitly mapped to the Victorian Curriculum that drives student progress through tailored instruction. As well as containing the student text and study tools, this obook offers interactive timelines, interactives such as ‘drag & drop’ and ‘hot zones’, videos and virtual site studies.
Teacher obook assess gives teachers digital access to the resources they need in order to drive student progress and engagement. These include:
- teacher notes (including lesson ideas, planning and programming tips, and assessment advice)
- answers to all activities, worksheets and tests
- additional student worksheets (printable)
- complete digital access to student book content (both online and offline) including note-taking, highlighting and bookmarking functionality
- ability to electronically assign worksheets, tests, videos and interactives to students, as well as monitor progress and results
- clear links to VCAA content descriptors
- access to a testbank (containing hundreds of additional randomised multiple choice, short answer and extended response questions) that
- allows you to create bespoke class tests simply and easily
- student progress and class results dashboard.
Teacher obook assess now also offers Dashboard view – an online lesson control centre, allowing teachers to instantly preview, access and assign resources like videos, interactives, worksheets and tests to students.
Concepts and skills Chapter 1 The history toolkit Unit 1 The Industrial Revolution Chapter 2 Introduction to the Industrial Revolution Chapter 3 The Industrial Revolution Unit 2 Australia and Asia Chapter 4 Introduction to Australia and Asia Chapter 5 Australia (1750-1918) Chapter 6 China (1750-1918) Chapter 7 Japan (1750-1918) Chapter 8 India (1750-1918) Unit 3 Australia at war (1914-1945) Chapter 9 Introduction to Australia at war (1914-1918) Chapter 10 World War 1 (1914-1918) Glossary Index Acknowledgements