Reveals emerging techniques for answering the challenges senior managers face today: improving organizational quality, inspiring team performance, and creating powerful long-range strategy. Presents a proven model for understanding organizations and demonstrates how it can be used to effect positive change in organizational systems.
"Designing and implementing an organization that is effective for a particular business is one of the most significant and highly leveraged responsibilities of senior executives. Organizational Architecture is unique in fully exploring the various structural options available in meeting this responsibility, while at the same time giving invaluable information on the implementation process itself." (Roger G. Ackerman, president, Corning, Inc.)
Introduction: Organizational Architecture: A Metaphor forChange.
ARCHITECTURES OF CHANGE.
1. From Machine Bureaucracies to Networked Organizations: AnArchitectural Journey.
2. Designing Organizations That Have Good Fit: A Framework forUnderstanding New Architectures.
DESIGNING FORMAL ORGANIZATIONAL ARRANGEMENTS.
3. Managing the Dynamics of Acquisitions: Successfully Moving fromDecision to Integration.
4. Building Strategic Partnerships: Creating and Managing EffectiveJoint Ventures.
5. Designing High-Performance Work Systems: Organizing People,Work, Technology, and Information.
TRANSFORMING THE INFORMAL ORGANIZATION.
6. Implementing Total Quality Management: A Process of CulturalChange.
7. The Capacity to Act: Creating a Context for Empowerment.
8. Teaching Organizations to Learn: The Power for ProductiveFailures.
DESIGNING SENIOR MANAGEMENT.
9. Strategic Selection: Staffing the Executive Team.
10. Teamwork at the Top: Creating Executive Teams That Work.
11. Strategic Choice: Engaging the Executive Team in CollaborativeStrategy Planning.
THE ROAD FROM DECLINE TO COMPETITIVENESS.
12. Key Leverage Points for Improving CompetitivePerformance.
13. Organizational Architecture for the Twenty-First Century.
Series: J-B US non-Franchise Leadership
Number Of Pages: 304
Published: 26th May 1992
Publisher: JOSSEY BASS
Country of Publication: US
Dimensions (cm): 24.1 x 15.75
Weight (kg): 0.54
Edition Number: 1