Follow author Tom Pappalardo on a black coffee tour of cafes, diners, and convenience stores, as he travels the potholed side streets and witch-cursed back roads of Western Massachusetts. Grab a table and sit. Nod and smile at whatever the waitress brings you. Does it taste like a 9-volt battery dipped in old, hot Coke? Good. You're in the right place.
Let this non-travel-guide be your companion as you:
* Visit cafes overrun with bespectacled and be-bearded white male writers feverishly tweeting their clever observations.
* Eavesdrop on snippets of conversation -- perfect for swift and context-free judgment!
* Seek the approval of old men skulking in diner booths, quizzing you on long-gone local businesses until you admit you're not a real townie.
* Spiral off on occasional departures from reality.
* Angrily shake your fist at those consarned millennials with their preferred pronouns and befuddling emoji.
* Delve into scathing social critiques of corporate coffee chains th-- OH GOD I'M BORED ALREADY.
* Suffocate as caffeine-fueled paranoia destroys you from within.
* Sit quietly; stare at phone.
* Curl into fetal position on a sticky convenience store floor, between the humming refrigerator case and the high fructose sadness.
* Have some coffee?
"These hilarious shorts are a perfect snarkfest" - Publisher's Weekly
..".a hybrid book that's not easy to classify." - Daily Hampshire Gazette
"Think Holden Caulfield of "Catcher in the Rye" crossed with Agent Dale Cooper from "Twin Peaks" and you'll get the picture." - masslive.com
"Beautifully illustrated ...The book gave me distinct pleasure and joy." - The Bill Dwight Show
Number Of Pages: 156
Published: 21st November 2016
Publisher: Object Publishing
Dimensions (cm): 22.9 x 15.2 x 0.8
Weight (kg): 0.22