Click on the cover image above to read some pages of this book!
Established as the standard resource of the obstetrics and gynecology clerkship, Obstetrics and Gynecology is now in its revised Seventh Edition. This is the only clerkship book on the market fully compliant with The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologist (College) guidelines, treatment recommendations, and committee opinions. The text aligns with the Association of Professors of Gynecology and Obstetrics' (APGO) educational objectives, upon which most clerkship evaluations and final exams are based and provides key features for self-assessment, including USMLE-style questions.
NEW! Table of Contents reflects the restructured and better-organized book divided into six, discrete units.
APGO Educational Objectives open chapters to provide students and instructors with a map to key exam topics as well as the “take-away” to aim for.
Dual-function readability is accomplished by narrative text that can be read straight through and by the signpost-style headings that readers can use to quickly and easily navigate to crucial spots.
NEW! Clinical Pearls flowing liberally through the text are italicized and shaded in yellow to emphasize key points—skim them for quick chapter review!
NEW! Chapter-opening Clinical Cases with chapter-closing Clinical Follow-ups frame the chapter material in a real-world clinical context to aid learning and recall.
Abundant, full-color illustrations complement text and actively “teach” concepts depicted.
Clinical imagery using the most updated technologies correlates with drawn illustrations, including new ultrasounds of common disorders and anomalies such as bicornuate uterus.
Tables and Boxes effectively dispersed throughout chapters supplement the text, round out topics, and offer an alternate means of quick review.
Appendices include the latest versions of the College’s Women’s Health Record, Well-Woman Care: Assessments & Recommendations, and Antepartum Record.
"The areas of obstetrics, gynecology, reproductive endocrinology and infertility, oncology, and maternal-fetal medicine are all well represented. The colorful images and figures are the most striking feature of this edition, providing an added pop to the material."
"This is the definitive book for medical students doing an obstetrics and gynecology rotation, and it has gotten even better with this edition. The use of ACOG and CDC references lend an added layer of authority to the material."
Anthony Shanks, MD(Washington University School of Medicine)
Weighted Numerical Score: 94 - 4 Stars!
SECTION I General Obstetrics and Gynecology
1. The Woman's Health Examination
2. The Obstetrician–Gynecologist's Role in Screening and Preventive Care
3. Ethics, Liability, and Patient Safety in Obstetrics and Gynecology
4. Embryology and Anatomy
SECTION II Obstetrics
5. Maternal–Fetal Physiology
6. Preconception and Antepartum Care
7. Genetics and Genetic Disorders in Obstetrics and Gynecology
8. Intrapartum Care
9. Abnormal Labor and Intrapartum Fetal Surveillance
10. Immediate Care of the Newborn
11. Postpartum Care
12. Postpartum Hemorrhage
13. Mutifetal Gestation
14. Fetal Growth Abnormalities
15. Preterm Labor
16. Third-Trimester Bleeding
17. Premature Rupture of Membranes
18. Postterm Pregnancy
19. Abortion and Ectopic Pregnancy
SECTION III Medical and Surgical Problems in Pregnancy
20. Endocrine Disorders in Pregnancy
21. Gastrointestinal, Renal, and Surgical Complications
22. Cardiovascular and Respiratory Disorders
23. Hematologic and Immunologic Complications
24. Infectious Diseases
25. Neurologic and Psychiatric Conditions
SECTION IV Gynecology
29. Sexually Transmitted Diseases
30. Pelvic Relaxation, Urinary Incontinence, and Urinary Tract Infection
32. Dysmenorrhea and Chronic Pelvic Pain
33. Disorders of the Breast
34. Gynecologic Procedures Including Minimally Invasive and Robotic Surgery
35. Human Sexuality
36. Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence
SECTION V Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
37. Reproductive Cycles
39. Amenorrhea, Abnormal Uterine Bleeding, and Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding
40. Hirsutism and Virilization
43. Premenstrual Syndrome and Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder
SECTION VI Gynecologic Oncology and Uterine Leiomyoma
44. Cell Biology and Principles of Cancer Therapy
45. Gestational Trophoblastic Neoplasia
46. Vulvar and Vaginal Disease and Neoplasia
47. Cervical Neoplasia and Carcinoma
48. Uterine Leiomyoma and Neoplasia
49. Cancer of the Uterine Corpus and Endometrium
50. Ovarian and Adnexal Disease
A. ACOG Women's Health Record
B. Primary and Preventive Care: Periodic Assessments
C. ACOG Antepartum Record and Postpartum Form
ISBN: 9781451144314 ISBN-10: 1451144318 Audience:
Number Of Pages: 528 Published: 21st March 2013 Publisher: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins Country of Publication: US Dimensions (cm): 27.6 x 21.3
Weight (kg): 1.27
Edition Number: 7 Edition Type: Revised