When we decided to produce a new edition of the already successful Targeting Maths series we asked hundreds of teachers what they wanted to see in a maths program. Their feedback has been incorporated into this New Edition of NSW Targeting Maths.
Based on your feedback we have made the following improvements to Targeting Maths:
- NEW Fully-integrated Problem-solving Program that actively builds students' abilities to think mathematically, problem solve and communicate their answers in a variety of ways.
- NEW Term Investigations where students plan and work through extended problems.
- NEW In-stage topic alignment for composite classes Each book in one stage, eg Year 1 and Year 2, match topic by topic, making teaching composite classes much easier.
- NEW Revision Tests build skills for Australia's National Testing Program (NAPLAN*) Regular experience in completing multiple choice questions helps children to understand and feel comfortable with the format.
- NEW Interactive whiteboard activities for front-of-class teaching Each Targeting Maths Teaching Guide includes the complete Rainforest Maths CD-ROM for that level. The suite of interactive maths activities that make up Rainforest Maths is an invaluable resource for teaching and learning a wide variety of maths concepts.
What makes Targeting Maths
Australia's favourite maths program?
- Targeting Maths is used in over 3 000 schools across Australia
- Engaging full-colour page layouts with real-life examples
- Complete coverage of the maths syllabus
- Student-friendly activities with instructions that are easy to read and understand
- Structured development of mental calculation strategies
- The most comprehensive range of supporting materials including Targeting Mental Maths, Targeting Maths Dictionary, Targeting Maths Labs and Problem Solving CD-ROMs and Targeting Maths Blackline Master Books, all of which are cross-referenced in the Teaching Guide.
* The publications above are not officially endorsed publications of the NAPLAN program and are produced by Pascal Press independently of Australian Governments.