Nicaragua's ethereal beauty and anarchic charms make traveling in the country an intense adventure. From the tempestuous spine of volcanoes that run down to the vast Lake Nicaragua, to the sultry rhythms of Caribbean life on the Corn Islands, Footprint's Handbook will ensure you get the most from your trip with all the information you'll need.
- Great coverage of sights and activities, from the romantic city of Granada to the enchanting Isla Ometepe
- Loaded with information and suggestions on how to get off the beaten track, from the wilderness of Bosawás Biosphere Reserve to witnessing turtle migration in the cays
- Includes comprehensive information on everything from transport and practicalities to history, culture & landscape
- Plus all the usual accommodation, eating and drinking listings for every budget
- Full-color planning section to inspire you and help you find the best experiences
From the energy & dramatic setting of Managua to the verdant hills surrounding the coffee fincas, Footprint's fully updated 6th edition will help you navigate this gripping, intense and poetic country.
About the Author
Richard Arghiris is a freelance writer, journalist, blogger, and long-term traveler. He has been wandering the highways and unpaved back roads of Central America since 2003, contributing to a range of Footprint titles and a host of websites, magazines and newspapers, including The Independent, The Observer, Perceptive Travel and Intercontinental Cry. His blog, features news reports, narrative journalism and street photography from the sketchy US-Mexico border to the teeming rainforests of Panama.
'Reliable and very informative for a five week wander around a less well travelled country. As internet cafes shrink and wifi fails to reach many parts, a book like this gives you the confidence to explore.'
5 stars -- Consumer review * Amazon *
1) Planning your trip 2) Managua & around 3) Masaya & Los Pueblos 4) Granada & around 5) River Isthmus & Ometepe Island 6) Rio San Juan 7) Leon & El Occidente 8) Northern Highlands 9) Caribbean Coast & Islands 10) Practicalities 11) Background 12) Footnotes
Series: Footprint Handbook
Number Of Pages: 336
Published: 26th September 2016
Publisher: Footprint Travel Guides
Country of Publication: GB
Dimensions (cm): 17.8 x 11.5
Weight (kg): 0.34
Edition Number: 6
Edition Type: Revised