An unbeatable, pocket-sized guide to New York City, packed with insider tips and ideas, color maps, top 10 lists, and a laminated pull-out map--all designed to help you see the very best of New York City.
Stroll along the shaded walkways of Central Park; enjoy the spectacular views from the Statue of Liberty; explore the fashionable Fifth Avenue, making stops at its famous department stores; marvel at dinosaur fossils at the American Museum of Natural History; or visit buzzing Times Square and Theater District. From Top 10 performing arts venues to Top 10 things to do for free--discover the best of New York City with this easy-to-use travel guide.
Inside Top 10 New York City:
- Fifteen easy-to-follow itineraries, perfect for a day trip, a weekend, or a week
- Top 10 lists showcase the best attractions in New York City, covering Empire State Building, Rockefeller Center, Metropolitan Museum of Art, Ellis Island, and more
- Free laminated pull-out map of New York City, plus 13 full-color area mapsIn-depth area guides explore New York City's most interesting neighborhoods, with the best places for shopping, going out, and sightseeing
- Color-coded chapters divided by area make it easy to find information quickly and plan your day
- Essential travel tips including our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop, and sightsee, plus useful transportation, visa, and health informationColor maps help you navigate with ease
- Covers Lower Manhattan; Civic Center and Seaport District NYC; Chinatown and Little Italy; Lower East Side and East Village; SoHo and TriBeCa; Greenwich Village; Union Square, Gramercy Park and Flatiron; Chelsea and Herald Square; Midtown; Upper East Side; Upper West Side; Morningside Heights and Harlem, and the Outer Boroughs
Staying longer and looking for a more comprehensive guide? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Guide New York City.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's Top 10 guides take the work out of planning a short trip, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your weekend trip or cultural vacation. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.
"This [DK Eyewitness Travel: Top 10] might be the best traveling companion to throw in your pack. It's a slim and sleek overview... loaded with practical and useful content." - Gadling.com
"Known... for its four-color maps, photos and illustrations, the [DK] Eyewitness Guides are extremely user-friendly for travelers who want their information delivered in a concise, visual way." - Chicago Tribune
"The best option... Color photos, maps, and diagrams bring the place to life." - The Philadelphia Inquirer