This book is intended primarily for learners who are beginning the study of the Greek Testament either without any previous acquaintance with the Greek language or with an acquaintance so imperfect that a renewed course of elementary instruction is needed. This revision, over seventy-five years since the first edition was published, retains much of the character and organization of the first edition while accommodating readers today who lack an understanding of Latin and grammar necessary for fully comprehending the original edition. For an introduction to the Greek Testament.
Foreword by Moises Silva.
Preface to the Revised Edition.
Preface to the Original Edition.
1. The Alphabet.
3. Present Active Indicative.
4. The Second Declension.
5. The First Declension.
6. Adjectives of the First and Second Declension.
7. Masculine Nouns of the First Declension.
8. Personal Pronouns.
10. Present Passive and Middle Indicative.
11. Imperfect Active Indicative.
12. Imperfect Middle and Passive Indicative.
13. Future Active and Middle Indicative.
14. First Aorist Active and Middle Indicative.
15. Second Aorist Active and Middle Indicative.
16. Aorist Passive Indicative.
17. The Third Declension.
18A. Progressive Participles.
18B. Attributive Participles.
19. Aorist Active and Middle Participles.
20. Aorist Passive Participle.
21. The Subjunctive Mood.
22. The Progressive and Aorist Infinitives.
23. Contracting Verbs.
24. Future and First Aorist Active and Middle of Liquid Verbs.
25. More Nouns of the Third Declension.
26. Additional Irregular Declensions.
27. Interrogative and Indefinite Pronouns.
28. The Imperative Mood.
29. The Perfect Tense.
30. Comparison of Adjectives.
31. Irregular Aorists, and the –mi Verb (part 1).
32. Purpose Clauses, and –mi Verbs (part 2).
33. –mi Verbs (part 3), and Conditions Contrary to Fact.
34. –mi Verbs (part 4),and the Optative Mood.
Frequency List (prepared by Professor Bruce M. Metzger).
Section Number Correlations.
Number Of Pages: 399
Published: 11th October 2003
Country of Publication: US
Dimensions (cm): 22.02 x 14.48
Weight (kg): 0.56
Edition Number: 2
Edition Type: Revised