Neuro-Ophthalmology: Diagnosis and Management is a highly organized and uniform textbook designed to bridge the gap between a handbook and an encyclopedia. Drs. Grant T. Liu, Nicholas J. Volpe, and Steven L. Galetta present their expertise through this highly visual resource that features full color throughout, extensive illustrations, and a DVD-ROM with videos and more. The second edition includes major updates to reflect advances in migraine, multiple sclerosis treatments, neuroimaging, and more. This is your one-stop source of information both for understanding the underlying presentation, pathophysiology, neuroimaging, and diagnostic studies in neuro-ophthalmology, as well as the ideal diagnostic, treatment, and ongoing management tools for all neuro-ophthalmic conditions. ***The eBook versions of this title do not include the DVD-ROM content from the print edition.
- Combines extensive illustrations and cross references with tables, outlines, and flow-diagrams to provide you with everything you need to understand the underlying presentation, pathophysiology, neuroimaging, and diagnostic studies in neuro-ophthalmology, along with the ideal diagnostic, treatment, and ongoing management tools for all neuro-ophthalmic conditions.
- Features reviews of neuroanatomy and neurophysiology based on clinical and pathological observations in humans without the extensive discussion of experimental literature involving non-human primates and other animals for an extremely focused clinical resource excellent for practice and preparing for professional examinations.
- Includes coverage of the neurological examination and the bedside neuro-ophthalmic evaluation of comatose patients that demonstrates how the examination can be used to confirm a diagnosis arrived at from the patient history.
- Features comprehensive updates to all chapters with complete revisions to coverage of multiple sclerosis, migraine, and neuro-imaging ensuring that you have the most up-to-date clinical tool available.
- Separates the History and Examination, Neuro-ophthalmic History, and Neuro-ophthalmic Examination into two distinct chapters-Neuro-ophthalmic History and Neuro-ophthalmic Examination-to provide a more focused approach to each topic.
- Includes an expanded illustration program with full color throughout, revisions 20% of existing figures, and 20% more figures than before for a more accessible and visually appealing reference.
- Contains a DVD-ROM with video of eye movements, eyelids, pupils, and examination techniques, along with fully downloadable tables, neuroimages, and figures so you can access a real-time learning environment and enhance your presentations.
"Neuro-Ophthalmology: Diagnosis and Management is an outstanding textbook and is highly recommended. It contains not only a great amount of information but wisdom as well." JAMA, July 27, 2011-Vol 306, No. 4
"This second edition of Neuro-Ophthalmology: Diagnosis and Treatment is frankly a singular achievement in its scope, layout, elegance and multimedia offerings. will serve students, residents, ophthalmologists, neurologists and neuro-ophthalmologists well, and show too that the enormity of information out there can be distilled into a digestible whole. This book is an excellent experience." Ocular Surgery News - Oct 2011
Dedication Foreword Preface Acknowledgments PART ONE HISTORY AND EXAMINATION 1 The Neuro-ophthalmic History 2 The Neuro-ophthalmic Examination PART TWO VISUAL LOSS AND OTHER DISORDERS OF THE AFFERENT VISUAL PATHWAY 3 Visual Loss: Overview, Visual Field Testing, and Topical Diagnosis 4 Visual Loss: Retinal Disorders of Neuro-ophthalmic Interest 5 Visual Loss: Optic Neuropathies 6 Optic Disc Swelling: Papilledema and Other Causes 7 Visual Loss: Chiasmal Disorders 8 Visual Loss: Retrochiasmal Disorders 9 Disorders of Higher Cortical Visual Function 10 Transient Visual Loss 11 Functional Visual Loss 12 Visual Hallucinations and Illusions PART THREE EFFERENT NEURO-OPHTHALMIC DISORDERS 13 Pupillary Disorders 14 Eyelid and Facial Nerve Disorders 15 Eye Movement Disorders: Third, Fourth, and Sixth Nerve Palsies and Other Causes of Diplopia and Ocular Misalignment 16 Eye Movement Disorders: Gaze Abnormalities 17 Eye Movement Disorders: Nystagmus and Nystagmoid Eye Movements 18 Orbital Disease in Neuro-ophthalmology PART FOUR OTHER TOPICS 19 Headache, Facial Pain, and Disorders of Facial Sensation Index
Number Of Pages: 720
Published: 16th August 2010
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Country of Publication: GB
Dimensions (cm): 21.6 x 28.0
Weight (kg): 2.43
Edition Number: 2
Edition Type: Revised