Roof of the world, land of legend and beauty - within its narrow confines, Nepal contains an utterly spectacular variety of culture and landscapes. Footprints 3rd edition Nepal Handbook will guide you from the vast sweep of Himalayan peaks to ornate temples and pagodas.
* Great coverage of the top activities and sights in the country, including trekking, rafting and festivals
* Loaded with information and suggestions on how to get off the beaten track, from hilltop retreats to wild animals in the Terai
* Includes comprehensive information on everything from transport and practicalities to history, culture & landscape
* Also includes advice on accommodation, eating and drinking listings for every budget
* Full-color planning section to inspire you and help you find the best experiences From the stunning Kathmandu Valley to the majestic Annapurna Circuit, Footprints fully updated 3rd edition of the Nepal Handbook will help you navigate this incredible destination.
About the Author
Robert Ferguson first travelled to Nepal in 1984, aged 18, with a huge rucksack and tiny budget. He got a board-and-lodging job with a local trekking agency that finished with a trek around the Annapurna Circuit. He was hooked. He returned to Kathmandu in his early 20s as a mountain guide, leading groups around the Annapurnas, the Everest region and Kanchenjunga. Back in the UK he became operations manager for a leading UK trekking specialist to Nepal as well as starting his own tour operation in the Himalaya. The highlights of his many visits to Nepal over the years are his honeymoon, which involved driving from Lhasa to Kathmandu and a recent visit with his wife and two teenage daughters, trekking in the Annapurnas, rafting and tiger watching in the Terai.
Series: Footprint Handbook
Number Of Pages: 488
Published: 20th April 2017
Publisher: Footprint Travel Guides
Country of Publication: GB
Dimensions (cm): 18.1 x 12.2
Weight (kg): 0.27
Edition Number: 3
Edition Type: Revised