Nelson VCE Biology has been fully updated for the new VCAA VCE Biology Study Design being implemented at Units 1 & 2 in 2016 and Units 3 & 4 in 2017.
This new edition follows the 2016'2021 VCE Study Design in both content and intent.
Key knowledge is fully and carefully explained in easy to understand, student-friendly language and key skills are scaffolded throughout.
Dedicated chapters include the use of posters (Unit 1 AOS 3) and investigation of an issue (Unit 2 AOS 3), ensuring that students are well prepared to undertake these school-based assessment components.
*Complimentary access to NelsonNet is available to teachers who use the accompanying student book as a core resource in their classroom. Contact your education consultant for access codes and conditions.
About the Author
- Review questions throughout each chapter to check student understanding
- Graded questions at the end of each chapter provide recall
- Key illustrations and diagrams enhance concept understanding in an intuitive, step-by-step format
- Important Biology concepts are highlighted throughout the chapters enabling students to create their own summaries
- Full-page visual summaries at the end of each chapter
- Short activities, data sets, experiments and investigations to enable students to learn, reinforce and practice key science skills. This provides students with invaluable preparation for the student-designed practical investigation outcomes in Unit 2.
Pam Borger is Project Coordinator, LEAP into Sciences, School of Applied and Biomedical Sciences, Federation University Australia.
UNIT 1: HOW DO LIVING THINGS STAY ALIVE?
1 Cells and plasma membrane
2 Energy transformations
3 Functioning systems
4 Survival through adaptations and regulation
5 Organising biodiversity
6 Relationships between organisms within an ecosystem
UNIT 2: HOW IS CONTINUITY OF LIFE MAINTAINED?
7 The cell cycle and cell growth and differentiation
8 Asexual and sexual reproduction
11 Investigating an issue
12 Scientific investigations
Primary / High School
For Grades: 11
Book with Other Items
Published: 23rd December 2015
Publisher: Cengage Learning Australia
Country of Publication: AU
Dimensions (cm): 27.6 x 21.0
Weight (kg): 1.2
Edition Number: 3
Edition Type: Revised