Make sense of the complex world of health care with Mosby's Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing & Health Professions, 10th Edition! This one-stop reference includes detailed entries that help you communicate more effectively with colleagues in various disciplines. With over 56,000 definitions, 2,450 photographs and line drawings, and supporting reference appendixes and atlases, it is an indispensable reference for students and professionals alike.
- Over 56,000 entries offer detailed definitions, as well as the latest information on pathophysiology, treatment and interventions, and nursing care.
- More than 2,450 color photographs and line drawings demonstrate and explain complex conditions and abstract concepts.
- Strict, common-sense alphabetical organization makes it easy to find key terms and definitions.
- Detailed appendixes provide you with useful information on lab values, symbols and abbreviations, pharmacology, infection control standards, and more that can be used throughout your health career.
New to this Edition:
- NEW! Approximately 5,000 new and revised definitions reflect the latest developments in health care, drugs, and nursing terminology.
- NEW! Completely updated illustrations visually clarify key definitions to reflect current healthcare practice and equipment.
- Easy To Understand
I. Color Atlas of Human Anatomy
II. Definitions A-Z
III. Illustration Credits
IV. Appendixes (at back of book)
1. Nursing Interventions Classification (NIC)
2. Nursing Outcomes Classification (NOC)
3. Units of Measurement
4. Language Translation Guide
5. American Sign Language and Communications
6. Normal Reference Values
8. Pharmacology and Clinical Calculations
9. Range of Motion
10. Infection Control: CDC Isolation Guidelines
11. Diagnosis-Related Groups
Appendixes (on endsheets)
Spanish-French-English Equivalents of Commonly Used Medical Terms and Phrases
The Joint Commission Do Not Use Abbreviation List
Appendixes (on Evolve)
Herbs and Natural Supplements
Immunizations: Recommended Immunization Schedule, Canada 2012
Immunizations: Recommended Immunization Schedule, United States 2012
Normal Reference Laboratory Values
Symbols and Abbreviations
Series: Mosby's Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing, & Health Professions
Tertiary; University or College
Number Of Pages: 2064
Published: 16th May 2016
Publisher: Elsevier - Health Sciences Division
Country of Publication: US
Dimensions (cm): 25.2 x 19.5
Weight (kg): 3.2
Edition Number: 10
Edition Type: Revised