Milady Standard Barbering, 6th edition, continues to be the leading resource in barbering education, providing students with the foundational principles and techniques needed to be successful while in school, pass their licensing exam, and launch them into a thriving career. Incorporating new photography, artwork and overall layout, the look and feel of this edition has been transformed, resulting in a sleek and clean design to engage and inspire today’s student.
Content has been updated within each chapter with a major focus on the procedures, infection control, life skills and business chapters, just to name a few. In addition, classic techniques have been paired with contemporary looks to ensure success both while in school and beyond to employment. As the only textbook that provides an integrated set of resources to enhance the teaching and learning process, this new edition continues its long history of setting the standard in barbering education.
New to this Edition
About the Author
- Procedures have been moved to the back of each chapter to improve flow of content and ensure that they are easily accessible.
- Nails and manicuring content has been moved to a Nail Care Appendix making it easily accessible for programs to include where applicable.
- Life Skills chapter expands on the previous Study Skills chapter to include important skills needed post-graduation.
- Infection Control chapter combines Microbiology and Infection Control and Safe Work Practices content into one updated, comprehensive chapter.
- Why Study This? feature has been incorporated to aid students in understanding the importance of learning each topic and how it will play a role in their future careers.
- The Business of Barbering has been updated to include information on booth rentals, social media, and how to start a successful barbering business.
The Premier Source for Education Resources in Cosmetology, Esthetics, Barbering, Nail Technology, Makeup, Massage Therapy, Salon & Spa Management and Business Training. Serving the Beauty and Wellness Industry since 1927.
"As a professional I endorse and recommend the text to all industry professionals. Your textbooks, DVD's and resources are the foundation to this industry."
"I especially like how the objectives are written before the area where they are met. I like the procedures in the end and the glossary with page number to refer to are terrific."
Series: Mindtap Course List
Tertiary; University or College
Number Of Pages: 829
Published: 22nd July 2016
Country of Publication: US
Dimensions (cm): 28.4 x 22.4
Weight (kg): 2.15
Edition Number: 6
Edition Type: Revised