"?a good representation of the current state of green chemistry?" (CHOICE, January 2008)
"These are most excellent papers dealing with a very real and growing problem." (Journal of Hazardous Material, January 15, 2008)
"?a good starting resource for readers seeking to employ sustainable chemistry." (Journal of the American Chemical Society, January 9, 2008)
"For advanced students...this book will catch the eye, as it will do as well for chemists in research and development..." (Organic Chemistry Portal, November 2007)
PART 1. GREEN REAGENTS.
1. The Four-Component reaction and Other MultiComponent Reactions of the Isocyanides (Ivar Ugi and Birgit Werner).
2. Carbohydrates as Renewable Raw Materials: A Major Challenge of Green Chemistry (Frieder W. Lichtenthaler).
3. Photoinitiated Synthesis: A Useful Perspective in Green Chemistry (Angelo Albini).
4. Dimethyl Caronate as a Green Reagent (Pietro Tundo & Maurizio Selva).
PART 2. ALTERNATIVE REACTION CONDITIONS.
5. Ionic Liquids: "Designer" Solvents for Green Chemistry (Natalia V. Plechkova and Kenneth R. Seddon).
6. Supported Liquid-Phase Systems in Transition Metal Catalysis (Alvise Perosa and Sergei Zinovyev).
7. Organic Chemistry in Water: Green and Fast (Jan B. F. N. Engberts).
8. Formation, Mechanisms, and Minimization of Chlorinated Micropollutants (Dioxins) Formed in Technical Incineration Processes (Dieter Lenoir, Ernst Anton Feicht, Marchela Pandelova, and karl-Werner Schramm).
PART 3. GREEN CATALYSIS AND BIOCATALYSIS.
9. Green Chemistry: Catalysis and Waste Minimization (Roger A Sheldon).
10. Seamless Chemistry for Sustainability (Johan Thoen and Jean Luc Guillaume).
11. Enantioselective Metal Catalyzed Oxidation Processes (David StC. Black).
12. Zeolite Catalysts for Cleaner Technologies (Michel Guisnet).
13. Acid and Superacid Solid Materials as Noncontaminant Alternative Catalysts in Refining (Jose M. Lopez Nieto).
14. The Oxidation of Isobutane to Methacrylic Acid: An Alternative Technology for MMA Production (Nicola Ballarini, Fabrizio Cavani, Helene Degrand, Eric Etienne, Anne Pigano, Ferruccio Trifitrò, and J. L. Dubois).
15. Biocatalysis for Industrial Green Chemistry (Zhi Li, Martin Held, Sven Panke, Andrew Schnid, Renata Mathys and Bernard Witholt).