Metal fatigue is an essential consideration for engineers and researchers looking at factors that cause metals to fail through stress, corrosion, or other processes. Predicting the influence of small defects and non-metallic inclusions on fatigue with any degree of accuracy is a particularly complex part of this.
Metal Fatigue: Effects of Small Defects and Nonmetallic Inclusions is the most trusted, detailed and comprehensive guide to this subject available. This expanded second edition introduces highly important emerging topics on metal fatigue, pointing the way for further research and innovation. The methodology is based on important and reliable results and may be usefully applied to other fatigue problems not directly treated in this book.
- Demonstrates how to solve a wide range of specialized metal fatigue problems relating to small defects and non-metallic inclusions.
- Provides a detailed introduction to fatigue mechanisms and stress concentration.
- This edition is expanded to address even more topics, including low cycle fatigue, quality control of fatigue components, and more.
1. Mechanism of fatigue in the absence of defects and inclusions
2. Stress concentration
3. Notch effect and size effect
4. Effect of size and geometry of small defects on the fatigue limit
5. Effect of hardness HV on fatigue limits of materials containing defects, and fatigue limit prediction equations
6. Effects of nonmetallic inclusions on fatigue strength
7. Bearing steels
8. Spring steels
9. Tool steels: effect of carbides
10. Effects of shape and size of artificially introduced alumina particles on 1.5Ni-Cr- Mo (En24) steel
11. Nodular cast iron
12. Influence of Si-phase on fatigue properties of aluminium alloys
13. Ti alloys
14. Torsional fatigue
15. The mechanism of fatigue failure of steels in the ultralong life regime of N >107 cycles
16. Effect of surface roughness on fatigue strength
Number Of Pages: 796
Published: 15th December 2018
Publisher: ACADEMIC PR INC
Country of Publication: US
Dimensions (cm): 22.86 x 15.24
Weight (kg): 0.72
Edition Number: 2