This text provides preservice prekindergarten through grade eight teachers with ideas, techniques, and approaches to teaching mathematics appropriate for the 21st century, and strongly integrates technology with hands-on experience. This is the only text to include practice Praxis II-style test questions to prepare teacher candidates to pass the high-stakes test used for teacher certification. The new sixth edition has been updated with the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) <i>Curriculum Focal Points,</i> which provide focus on significant concepts for each grade level.
2. Culturally Relevant Mathematics.
3. The Development of Mathematical Proficiency: Using Learning Research, Assessment, and Effective Instruction.
4. Middle School Mathematics.
5. Problem Solving.
6. Early Childhood Mathematics -- Number Readiness.
7. Operations and Number Sense.
8. Numeration and Number Sense.
9. Operations with Whole Numbers.
10. Common Fractions and Decimals.
11. Percent, Ratio, Proportion, and Rate.
12. Geometry and Spatial Reasoning.
14. Algebra and Algebraic Thinking.
15. Data Analysis, Statistics, and Probability.
Audience: Tertiary; University or College
Number Of Pages: 496
Published: 18th October 2007
Publisher: John Wiley and Sons Ltd
Country of Publication: GB
Dimensions (cm): 27.75 x 21.75 x 1.75
Edition Number: 1
Edition Type: Revised