FIND THE INFO YOU'RE AFTER
The internet is a valuable research tool for anyone, but finding relevant, accurate information isn't always as easy as the click of a mouse. If you've found yourself at a dead end on the information superhighway, then let experienced researcher Maura Shaw show you the way.
Shaw takes you through the techniques and tools you need to find information ranging from historical data to medical information to images and videos. Screen shots of different pages enable you to follow along as Shaw explains the process of finding information. Simple explanations of technical terms and step-by-step instruction help you learn how to:
- Use bookmarks effectively
- Evaluate websites for relevancy, accuracy, and currency
- Use basic and advanced search features, such as Boolean operators
- Locate and access helpful reference websites
- Conduct market research to help with writing and publishing
- Know when you have enough information to stop researching
- Distinguish between types of search engines
With the skills and knowledge found in this comprehensive guide, you'll be able to search the internet with speed and accuracy in no time, so you spend less time digging for information and more time putting it to good use.