From Birth to Five Years, based on the pioneering work of Mary Sheridan, is widely regarded as the go-to reference for health, education and social care professionals, or anyone concerned with the developmental progress of pre-school children.
In this new fourth edition, the text has been developed to further align it with current child development philosophies and practices, and to support the wider group of professionals that are now required to take steps for promoting children's development as part of their assessment and management plans.
This book aims to improve the clinical management of children with developmental disorders, through providing the full range of developmental attainments, methods of observation, and advice about when to seek help.
Features of this completely revised edition include:
- For students and tutors - information on theoretical aspects of development, with further reading suggestions and references including the most recent international studies in the field
- A new section on the development of attention and self-regulation
- Contemporary case studies with guidance on when to raise concerns for students and teachers
- Discussion points to stimulate class debate
To complement this book, a new companion volume, From Birth to Five Years: Practical Developmental Examination, offers a step-by-step `how to' guide, including guidance on enquiry and observation, how to chart typical and atypical patterns, and `red flags' for recognising significant delay or abnormality.
To consolidate and expand on the practical and theoretical information across both books, a new companion website is available at www.routledge.com/cw/sharma, which includes the following additional learning material:
- An interactive timeline of the key developmental domains
- Introductions to theory with links to further reading
- Research summaries
- Video clips demonstrating practical assessment skills
Number Of Pages: 144
Published: 23rd January 2014
Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
Country of Publication: GB
Dimensions (cm): 24.8 x 17.1
Weight (kg): 0.3
Edition Number: 4
Edition Type: New edition