Managing Wildlife Habitat on Golf Courses is written for those who care about golf and the environment. It provides a practical framework for environmentally sensitive land management practices. This book is the perfect resource for anyone striving to maintain the traditions of the game, enhance the natural environment of their golf course, and gain support for their efforts.
"this book tackles a very comprehensive and sophisticated subject and parlays it into a user-friendly primer for environmentally productive golf course management-if taken to heart, and employed properly, it will demonstrate to a skeptical public that golf courses can be one of their best neighbors and a friend to the environment" -Tim Hiers, Golf Course Manager, Collier's Reserve
2. Golf Courses and Land Management.
3. Evolution of the Game of Golf and of the Conservation
4. The Evolution of the Scientific Movement and the Origins of
5. Wildlife Basics.
6. Wildlife Management Basics.
7. Landscaping for Wildlife.
8. Enhancing Habitat Diversity on Your Golf Course.
9. Wildlife Management Projects.
10. Wildlife on Golf Courses.
11. The Right Thing to Do.
12. Case Studies.
Reference and Reading List.